28.1.05

Haggis update

No pictures of the haggis - sorry. I clean forgot. But it did taste rather good - if you bake them in the oven for an hour, wrapped up in foil, they go all crispy inside (as opposed to the slightly watery version you get if you boil them). Ooh, and crannachan wasn't bad either - a bit chewy with all that pinhead oatmeal (and incredibly filling), but the raspberries worked their magic. But the star of the evening was a haggis, tatties and neaps pie, from a Yorkshire company called I's Pies. A complete dinner all in one dish. How cool is that?

Anyway, for my next trick, I'm going to have to try this recipe from Who Wants Seconds? - Puy lentil salad with feta cheese. Sounds lovely, and again, I'm seduced by the pictures. Must stop drooling. Although the burgers are calling from today's Times...maybe the two together in a pitta bread?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pleased to hear you enjoyed my Haggis Pies.

This is a new business for me and it's great to have your help in spreading the word. Keep up the good work.

thank you

Tony Sterne
I's Pies
tony@independentfoods.co.uk

9:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

?Qu? el impacto va a ser en el extremo?Genuinely, Randee car ionizer plans

2:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home