1.7.03

I'd love to get my hands on some of these cheesecakes...they're far more inventive with flavours over the pond than we are over here. In fact, when all you mostly get in restaurants is a Sara Lee frozen jobby, it's a poor show.

I'm in the middle of reading Gennaro Contaldo's Passione. And he'd be absolutely appalled by the idea of cheesecake from the deep-freeze in the supermarket, I'd bet. His recipes are fantastic - but then he did have the advantage of growing up in the Italian countryside, surrounded by wonderful ingredients in a culture of home-cooking. There's my dilemma, you see. I'm a city girl, and couldn't contemplate living anywhere else. But I would love to be able to grow far more of my own food than I can in my tiny back yard. There's only so much you can grow in a grow-bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home