20.2.04

The Food of Love

If you ever want to treat someone to a fantastic cookery experience, you could do worse than the Rosemary Shrager cookery courses at Swinton Park castle in Masham, North Yorkshire. For my 30th, Rob treated me to a 'Food of Love' one day course last weekend....which was fantastic. I learned how to make sausages, make spaghetti from scratch, shuck oysters, create quail in a puff pastry heart with chicken mousse, and play with meringues. All under the watchful eye of Rosemary, a very knowlegeable and jolly lady, who kept our gang of 14 classmates under control and motivated for about 5 hours in a stressful kitchen cooking a meal for 25 - no mean feat. Really good fun...and the three-course meal we cooked was amazing, even though I say so myself....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home