27.1.04

First recipe!

Finally managed a recipe from my cookbook of 2004, Crazy Water Pickled Lemons. Friday night was sweet potato with marinated feta and olives night....and it tasted delicious. I've never baked sweet potatoes before - they were beautiful and squishy on the inside (far more smooth than baked ordinary potatoes) and set off by the tangy feta (which was marinated with chopped red chilli, crushed coriander seed and fennel...at least I think it was fennel, as I've lost the label from the jar). Mmmmm. One that will definitely be repeated, as it was perfect for a wet, rainy and cold Newcastle winter's night.

Ideally, I'd like to do loads of recipes from the book, but realistically, I'll probably end up doing one a month. Now, what shall we have for February?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home