9.2.04

Hurrah!

After several days of feeling sick, dizzy and altogether nasty, it's wonderful to be back in the realms of food again. It's awful when one of your main hobbies is writing about, cooking and generally eating food to be stuck with toast and margarine and endless cups of tea. You don't even want to pick up a cookbook, which is a major disaster...

Speaking of which, I've just finished reading the Marmite Cookbook, which is extremely funny, but one of those rare cookbooks that I don't think I'll ever make a recipe from. I'm strictly a Marmite on toast or Marmite soldier girl, I think.

To celebrate feeling better again, and because Kerrie bequeathed me a load of empty jam jars, I've made another batch of spicy apple chutney. I'm turning into a bit of a jam jar queen at the moment - only a couple of weeks ago I made my first ever batch of seville orange marmalade (which frankly was a doddle, so I'll make another load next year. It'll take me and Rob that long to get through the umpteen jars that this year's batch filled!) There's something utterly satisfying about looking at the smug rows of marmalade and chutney jars at the back of the cupboard. Must be the hoarding instinct. Anyway, preserved lemons are next on the list. But I'll need a bigger jar for this experiment, I suspect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home