1.12.04

Travels

Me no postie for a while. Sorry. Spent most of the last couple of days on trains courtesy of GNER on my way to and from the big smoke. It's big, smoky, and as ever freakily exciting, and I'm not sure why. First trip in a taxi this time too which again raised excitement to fever pitch. Not that we don't have taxis oop north, you understand. It's just that when you only ever get the tube and pop up at random intervals at stations across London it's a bit of a novelty to see what's going on and catch some scenery.

I have to say though, that I'm glad I live in the sticks (if urban Newcastle ever qualifies as that). I can't believe how much you Londoners get ripped off. Take the drinks at the hotel I was staying at, for example - £6 for a vodka and lemondade and £10 for a glass of wine - or the overpriced (and lack-lustre) 'Persian' meal I had at a place just outside Olympia. I know I was staying in Kensington, but even so...

Rant over for the moment. More to follow soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home