21.12.04

Hurrah!

Delia Smith has announced that she's hanging up her apron, and not making any more tv shows, which can only be a good thing from my point of view. I know people think she's amazing (and her recipes are certainly not bad at all - my Mum swears by some of the Christmas ones, as does half the country by all accounts), but I really don't get on with her tv persona - she's too patronising by half. I had to turn off How to Cook, as it drove me up the wall. But then a lot of tv cookery programmes are like that, I'm afraid. I love Nigella Lawson's recipes (Domestic Goddess is one of the best baking books there is), but I can't stand her show. The only one who does match up in print and on the telly is Nigel Slater. But then he is the kitchen god, after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I completely agree with you about Delia. We saw her show a couple of times on BBC Canada, and it was painful to watch. I prefer to read her website and find recipes to try than to watch her.

3:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home