17.9.04

Odds and sods

This week's collection of bits and pieces from the world of food:

More on the fried food theme - here's how to make deep fried Oreos should your constitution be able to take it. I really like the originals, so I'm not sure about this one. I mean, deep frying a Mars Bar probably improves it, as it tastes fairly hideous anyway, but Oreos are pretty good to start off with.

European news - Spain has launched an olive oil futures market and the French are trying to tackle bad customer service in cafes (good luck to them on that one. It seems to be endemic across Europe, never mind just in France. Although cafe waiters in Paris seem to be snottier than most.)

And finally, the fabulous Cooking for Engineers site, complete with recipe diagrams.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was surfing through a few blogs and came across yours and wanted to say very nice job on the content, so I have bookmarked your site for future reference.

Just in case you are interested I have a gardening question
site. It pretty much covers gardening question related stuff.

Stop by sometime :=)

11:08 am  
Blogger Silvianne said...

I just came across a great gardening website called AtlGardening.com*. Not only does it feature articles for the gardening enthusiast, but has become a great gardening center
resource for me in my landscaping effort. The webmaster of this site has recently added a book section that seemed to expand everytime I go there.
What I like about it is that I get instant access to the book and don't have to wait for the book(s) to arrive which of course saves me money.....no shipping charges.... in some cases. Great idea. I love it. You must check it out today. Let me know what you think.

9:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Discount Hydro!

7:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home