14.10.02

Gennaro's recipe for potato gnocci (gnocchi?) was a winner. Never tried making filled ones before, but they taste great. Not something I'd make every week as it was a bit fiddly, but might be a dinner party winner once we get our new house and have space for things like that...

Went to Zizzis on Friday night for pizza before the RSC at the Theatre Royal. I'd not twigged that Zizzis was a chain with lots of places across the country, much like Est Est Est or Pizza Express. But the food was great - proper thin-based pizza baked in a wood-fired oven and with some good toppings. I had Fiorentina of course, as I always do. One day I'll get fed up with the combination of egg and spinach, but I suspect it's a long time off yet.

There's a great article on the search for the perfect Italian pizza in the Observer Food Monthly this weekend. I'll link to it once the Observer bothers to mount the new text...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home