21.8.02

Bought the most amazing book in my local Oxfam bookstore yesterday. Called Indonesian and Chinese Cookery, it was printed in Singapore in what looks like the 50s or 60s. The adverts are the best bit - all for things like haircuts and permanent waves in Raffles Place, and for mysterious flavour enhancers and new fangled electric rice cookers.... I don't think I'll ever try any of the recipes (Roast Suckling Pig in glorious technicolour kind of put me off) but it's the type of thing that I love to collect. Matches neatly with my other favourites - Cooking with Men in Mind, Cooking for Caravaners, and Cooking with Your Breville Toaster...

In fact my collection of cookery books is ever expanding. Currently reading Nigella Lawson's How to Eat, and the glorious Julia Child Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home